I ordered the new Moto G. Normally $179, my total was $219 for doubled storage and RAM.
The third generation Moto G (marketed as simply moto g) is an Android smartphone developed by Motorola Mobility, announced on July 28, 2015.
The third generation Moto G has a 5-inch 720p Gorilla Glass 3 display, a 13-megapixel camera similar to the one from the Nexus 6, a quad-core Snapdragon 410 processor, the latest version of Android, the phone back is a removable textured plastic, comes in multiple colors available in Motorola’s Moto Maker and it is water resistant through the use of nano-coating and internal rubber gaskets giving it an IPX7 rating. The low end model comes with 8GB of storage and 1GB of RAM, and the high end model comes with 16GB of storage and 2GB of RAM.
The phone runs near stock Android 5.1 Lollipop. The phone has both a single sim and dual sim variant.
I wish I could keep under 100 minutes…
You can switch over to the $30 plan you’re mentioning even if already have a plan with T-Mobile, and keep your number. Here is what I did (originally I had a $60/mo prepaid plan):
1) Buy a T-Mobile SIM (or “activation kit”) online for $1
2) When the SIM arrives, go online to t-mobile.com and activate it with the $30 100min/unlim/5GB prepaid plan. You’ll get a new T-Mobile number.
3) Call T-Mo customer service and ask them to transfer the phone number you have with your $60/mo plan to your $30/mo plan (you’ll need to give them both numbers and possibly SIM #s). Also ask them to cancel your $60 plan once the transfer is complete.
4) Wait a little… usually no more than 24 hrs, typically it takes much less. You should get a text notification on your $30/mo SIM/phone that your new service is activated, mentioning your old number.
5) You’re done! Enjoy your $30/mo savings 🙂
Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/10dy9u/ im_in_london_for_work_and_paying_24_for_300/c6cuvd6
Or go to About > Mobile Phones
It’s just a page that has details about my phones. Who cares?